By CAREY FOX
Times Sports Editor
PUTNAMVILLE – Experienced winners were the theme at Lincoln Park Speedway on Saturday night as Brady Short picked up the
sprint car feature at the Putnamville oval as opening night winner, Randy Shuman scored the UMP Modified main event. C.J.
Bryan picked up the bomber feature and Kenny Carmichael Sr. repeated as the UMP Super Stock winner.
The UMP Modified main event took the green flag to begin the list of features and Shuman’s early challenges from Jesse
Cramer thrilled the crowd. The two were nearly wheel-to-wheel over the early laps before Shuman began to open a lead
midway through the A-main.
However, the hunt for top spot wasn’t lost on the pack behind the leaders.
Jeff Deckard was an early threat for a top-5 spot before being sidelined, but Jake Humphrey, Daniel Lewellen and Kenny
Carmichael Jr. were in the mix as well. As Shuman began to build his advantage at the midway point of the 20-lap feature,
Humphrey had his hands full with the challenges of Carmichael Jr., Lewellen, Jimmy Haden and Carmichael Sr., who were in a
Shuman held fast the to the lead over the last half of the race to score his third feature win of the year as Cramer came
home second. Humphrey managed to hold off the field for third-place as Lewellen came forward to record a fourth-place after
starting 11th. Carmichael Jr. crossed the finish line fifth.
In the sprint car main event, Brady Short stalked early leader, Ethan Barrow until lap 15 of the 25-lap A-main. However,
the Bedford native made the pass off of turn two and managed to make that pass stick despite several late cautions.
Barrow had a bead on Short down the stretch, but the leader made each re-start count and held on for the victory.
Short started out front after a caution flag with four circuits remaining and powered away for his fourth win of the young
season in the Pottorff Short Racing, Indiana Stone Works, J&D Performance, CSI Shocks, Spec Racing Engine, AFCO Brakes
No. 11p. Short recorded the win over Barrow, Bub Cummings and Jeff Bland Jr. Bill Rose started 18th and charged to fifth
as Brian Hayden started 13th and took sixth at the checkered flag.
The super stock feature started with Jake Leitzman leading the field with a torrid fight with Dustin Shoulders and Kenny
Carmichael challenging for the lead ahead of Doug McCullough and a door-to-door fight between Josh Boller and Kenny
As the feature moved past the midpoint, Carmichael Sr. made his move to the lead and built an advantage ahead of Leitzman.
The real fight to the checkered flag came as Shoulders, McCullough and Kris Starks fought for the third position. At the
line, Carmichael captured his second straight feature in the UMP Super Stock as Leitzman, McCullough and Shoulders finished
in the top-four. Starks placed fifth and David Daniels advanced from 16th to finish sixth ahead of JR Watkins, Cullen Goodman,
Will Barnett and Jamie Adams.
In the final feature of the night, Bryan was the winner as he built upon a lead after an early battle with Tim Wright, who
lost a gear. Once he found his way to the lead, Bryan managed lapped traffic over the final laps to record his second win
of the season. David Wallen scored the second spot after blasting through the field from 12th. Jordan Almanza came home third
ahead of James Walters, who advanced from 13th to fourth. Michael Williams placed fifth.
Next weekend will feature the first Little Feet Bicycle Challenge for kids as well as a regular card of sprints, modifieds,
super stocks and bombers.
Lincoln Park Speedway
Sprint Car feature
1. Brady Short, 2. Ethan Barrow, 3. Bub Cummings, 4. Jeff Bland Jr., 5. Bill Rose, 6. Brian Hayden, 7. Casey Shuman, 8. Kent Christian,
9. AJ Hopkins, 10. Mike Gass, 11. Kris Deckard, 12. Jason Robbins, 13. Chris Gurley, 14. Matt Thompson, 15. Chet Williams, 16. Daylan Chambers,
17. Brian Karraker, 18. Brandon Mattox, 19. Keaton Dobbs, 20. Chris Babcock
B-main winner: Williams
Heat winners: Shuman, Mattox, Karraker, Bland Jr.
UMP Modified feature
1. Randy Shuman, 2. Jesse Cramer, 3. Jake Humphrey, 4. Dan Lewelln, 5. Kenny Carmichael Jr., 6. Kenny Carmichael Sr., 7. Jimmy Hayden,
8. Carlos Bumgardner Sr., 9. Gary Hayden, 10. Scott Ricketts, 11. Damon Harrell, 12. Josh McDaniel, 13. Wayne Newlin, 14. Randall Tartar,
15. Tyler Loughmiller, 16. Neil Rollins, 17. Brent Hudson, 18. Wes McClara, 19. Jeff Deckard, 20. Gary Ricketts, 21. Michael Kettnich,
22. Jeff Van Lannen, 23. Chad Nolte
Heat winners: Shuman, Cramer
UMP Super Stock feature
1. Kenny Carmichael Sr., 2. Jake Leitzman, 3. Doug McCullough, 4. Dustin Shoulders, 5. Kris Starks, 6. David Daniels, 7. JR Watkins,
8. Cullen Goodman, 9. Will Barnett, 10. Jamie Adams, 11. Kenny Fields, 12. Michael Fish, 13. Travis Heramb, 14. Larry Babbs,
15. Josh Boller, 16. Kenny Carmichael Jr., 17. Dan McCullough, 18. Jack Hatton, 19. Josh McDaniel
Heat winners: Carmichael Sr., Doug McCullough
1. C.J. Bryan, 2. David Wallen, 3. Jordan Almanza, 4. James Walters, 5. Michael Williams, 6. Kevin Kemp, 7. Mike Wright Jr.,
8. Cody Wright, 9. Mark Dickerson, 10. Barry Hicks, 11. Dustin Colvin, 12. DJ Smiley, 13. Chucky Walden, 14. Megan Cavaness,
15. Mike Fisher Jr., 16. Blake Cross, 17. Josh Settles, 18. Carlos Bumgardner Sr., 19. Ron Smith, 20. Kyle Krupa, 21. Jack Campbell,
22. Jerry Hutto, 23. Tim Wright, 24. William Norton, 25. Bobby Tarrh, 26. Lenny Krupa III, 27. Bob Farris
Heat winners: Tim Wright, Settles, Almanza
USAC Midget Week
USAC Midgets, Sprints, Super Stocks
General Admission $25.00
Pit Passes $30.00
Kids 10 and Under Always FREE At LPS!
Pit Gates Open at 3PM
Main Gates Open at 4:30PM
Hot Laps at 6PM and
Racing Starts at 7PM
Sprints, Modifieds, Super Stocks, Bombers
World of Outlaws
WoO Sprints, MMSA Mini-Sprints
Sprint Mid Season Championship Race
Sprints, Modifieds, Super Stocks, Bombers